Yield: 4 Pints
- 10 Cups of chopped rhubarb (about 2.5lbs stalks)
- 5 Cups of sugar
- 1 8oz Cup Earl Grey tea
- 1 vanilla bean, split & scraped
- 1 lemon, juiced (or 3T lemon juice)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 packet of liquid pectin
- Sterilize jars & lids. If you want to do refrigerator jam (it will keep nicely unprocessed in the fridge for 2-3 months), skip this step.
- In a 5-quart, non-reactive pot, bring the rhubarb, sugar and tea to a boil.
- Add the vanilla bean, lemon & salt to the pot and let it boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Add pectin, stir, and return to a full rolling boil for 1 minute (one you can’t stir down), stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into hot jars. Clean the jar rims and apply lids/rings.
- If you are processing your jam, process the jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.